- Seeing grown men wearing Ugg boots out and about town. These are not even cute for girls–comfy and cozy, not cute. And when you, sir, wear them, you make me question a lot of things about you.
- Taylor Swift’s new music video for “I Knew You Were Trouble.” Go, watch, be amazed. Enjoy an overly dramatic prelude and a trying-very-hard-to-be-edgy Taylor. It’s 5 minutes you won’t get back, but it will be worth it.
- Being told to clean your apartment (and specifically bathrooms) by your landlord because he’s had to show it multiple times, and nobody wants it (even though your apartment and bathrooms are at a standard level of clean). “I don’t want to seem rude, but it would be great if you could relay to your roommates that you guys need to keep things a little bit cleaner around here. I think that’s what is keeping it from selling. Especially the bathrooms. I hope they don’t think that is rude of me to say.” Well. Now I think you are rude. Sorry, buddy–hopes dashed.
- Getting a pay raise of $2.50/hour! Whoop whoop–get money, get paid!
- Discovering the Nike Training Club app. HOLY COW, you guys. Have you tried any of the workouts? Did you get your butt handed to you like I did? WOW. Starting to wonder why I pay for a gym membership…
- Headed up to Colin’s cabin this weekend with some friends and I could NOT be more stoked! Mountains+friends=my favorite.
- Hearing from my co-worker(who is also my room-mate) that the office gossip told her that she thinks something is going on between me and some guy in finance…it’s almost flattering that you think my life could be that scandalous.
- Doing a round of Table Topics with the HR team today and having someone pull the question, “when was the last time you cried?” Yep…I lied.
- Hearing some guy talk about how he lost his wedding ring on the elevator this morning and chuckling to myself, only to realize he had totally seen me laughing. Whoops!
- Treating myself to a manicure this afternoon- my cuticles are thanking me.
- Having the company shell out some major bucks to send me to an HR conference in March. I mean, the topic is less than glamorous, but I’ll probably nerd out none the less.
- Getting monday off for president’s day and having a short week. To all of the presidents out there, you have my sincere gratitude.