- One of my co-workers telling me “Nice shirt, it’s very 90’s,” this morning when I got into work. Hmmm, does that mean I came to work looking like a Spice Girl?
- Having to wait half an hour to catch the T the other day because of a disabled train. Then, finally getting a train, making it one stop, and being told we had to get off. Oh yeah, did I mention the billowing clouds of smoke coming off the train? I’m no Sherlock Holmes, but I’m guessing that was the reason for the rather abrupt evacuation ;D
- Deciding to put a shirt on MERE SECONDS before my roommate and her boyfriend walked through the door of our apartment last night. Sometimes I forget that I live with other people. What’s worse is that I work with both my roommate AND her boyfriend. So all I can say is…bullet dodged (narrowly)!
- Telling my mom I need a coat hanger and then having her ship me one from Target. What would I do without her?!
- The fact that the hand dryer at my gym that I use as a make-shift hair dryer somehow makes me look like I’ve stepped out of a Pantene commercial. I swear it’s magic.
- Having co-workers that make me laugh all day, every day.
Chantelle’s Awkward and Awesomes
- How excited I was (and am) about the most recent episode of New Girl. I may have slightly overreacted with ridiculous excitement while watching it alone. But. FINALLYYYYYYY. Jess & Nick. My heart is happy. And I don’t care who knows it.
- Saying hi to people, and them pretending they didn’t hear you or just plain ignoring you. Especially when you are positive they heard you. Why do people do that? I don’t get it. Awkward for both parties involved.
- Trying to discreetly take photos of anything. It’s an absolute joke. Or maybe I just don’t know how to be sly yet…
- A few nights ago, Colin and I decided to randomly buy a scratch ticket from the machine at Safeway. Neither of us had a dollar, so Colin fed his $10 bill into the machine and seconds later saw the sign that said “No change given.” Alas, we bought $10 worth of scratch tickets, fearing a near-certain loss of that $10, but SOMEHOW managed to win $16, making a profit of $6. Love ridiculous moments like those!
- Starting to make solid friends in Boulder on my own, finally. It may be seven months in, but I’m still stoked it’s happening!
- Deciding to make a Colorado bucket list. I may have lived here for the majority of my life, but there are still so.many. things to do and see! I’ve got this renewed excitement, and I can’t wait to start checking things off!