Instead of focusing on 10 ways to make January awesome, I thought it would be fun to focus on 2013 as a whole! A new year, a fresh start–it can be anything you want it to be! Here are 10 ways that I’m hoping to make the most of this year:
- Make a resolution–and ACTUALLY complete it. I’m setting out to make 3-5 resolutions this year, and holding myself to make at least ONE of them stick. This never happens, so this would be a huge success!
- Spend more time with friends, less time watching tv/on the computer. Friend time=a happier Chantelle. I owe it to myself and to the lovely people in my life.
- Challenge myself to do something that scares me–whether that be signing up for a long race (super inspired by my bff’s Molly and Sara who ran a half-marathon this past year!), taking swim lessons to be more confident in my abilities, seeking out new friends in the Boulder area, etc.
- Add one fun piece to my wardrobe each month (on a budget, of course!)–I tend to stick to solids in most of my clothing, I think it would be fantastic to add more prints and patterns to my closet!
- Take better care of my skin. I am. the. worst. at taking care of my skin. Almost never wash my makeup off at night, rarely put on moisturizer or sunscreen, and honestly am even too lazy to put on lotion most days. This has got to change unless I want to look like I’m made of leather at 40.
- Improve my vocabulary by reading more books and online news articles–NEED to do this for the GRE in May, and besides it never hurts to increase your lexicon.
- Perform more random acts of kindness. It is unreal how good these acts make me feel, knowing that I maybe brought a smile to someone’s face, or maybe they continued the random acts and other people got to receive kindness. I love to imagine my random act spider-webbing into multiple people reaping the benefits–I think we all need more of this type of positivity right now.
- Spend more time baking and cooking good food. This is such a relaxing way to wind down the day–and can also be great bonding time if you invite a friend over and plan a whole dinner party. Easy way to save money and enjoy quality time with yourself or people of your choosing. Sounds like a win-win to me.
- Consistently re-evaluate the options in my life and make sure that I’m always striving to improve myself. I have a tendency to get comfortable very quickly in situations and just be happy where I’m at–while this is a good thing, it also means that I stay stagnant. And stagnant is not what is going to make my dreams and goals come to fruition.
- Take care of myself, body and mind. I need/want to get more sleep, need/want to exercise more, and need/want to eat healthier. I am the only person in control of these choices, and I know I always feel a hell of a lot better after a good night’s rest, a solid workout, and a healthy, but delicious, meal. Easy as that.
What things are you hoping to focus on this year to make 2013 amazing?! I’d love to hear your ideas!