- Having one of my er…older co-workers be genuinely excited about the “Shake Weight” he received at his white elephant gift exchange.
- Deciding to get off the subway one stop early and walk the rest of the way home last night, and being so cold that my neighbor had to unlock my door for me. My hands were frozen…literally.
- Waking up to a torrential downpour the other day and deciding that because of the weather, I would wear jeans (which are only permitted on casual Friday) AND rainboots to work. By the time I got to work, the skies (of course) had miraculously cleared.
- Stopping to chat with a co-worker this morning as I was coming into the office and inadvertantly setting off the alarm. Apparantly if the door is left ajar for more than 60 seconds the alarm will sound…whoops!
- All of the sweet decorations that I made for our office party-I forgot to take a picture, so you’ll have to take my word for it!
- This desktop skeeball set I won at the gift excahnge, I may never be productive again.
- Deciding to book an afternoon flight home on Saturday…It may mean getting in to Denver late, but it also means not having to take a cab to the airport because it’s too it’s so early the subway hasn’t started running. SO WORTH IT.
- Eating an english muffin, pepperoni, and marinara sandwich for dinner. In my defense, I had no time to go shopping and had needed to go for days–still no excuse; still awkward.
- What one of my girlfriends said today at lunch: “So…I have to tell you something. Greg and I are together.” How I heard it: “So…I have to tell you something. Greta and I are together.” I often mishear things like this, and for a split second thought she was trying to tell me she was a lesbian. Alas, she’s not, and we died laughing about the mix up.
- Not realizing that one of my skirts is pretttttttty see through, until I get to work and look at myself in the mirror. Good thing I was working a double that day!
- FINALLY getting one of my jobs moving in the right direction–YAY standing up for yourself and it actually paying off!
- Having an anonymous donor donate money specifically for staff Christmas bonuses at my other job–oh so sweet of them, and oh so lovely for us.
- KATEEEEEE will be home so so so soon. Reunion time, yo.