To me, Thanksgiving is one of those perfect times where family & friends > everything else. It kicks off the holiday season in true fashion–with good food and good times. As I’m hoping to enjoy this day with the ones I love, here is just a quick post to recognize the amazing things in my life for which I’m thankful.
In no particular order, I am grateful for:
- my immediate and extended family that would do anything for me
- amazing friends that I can turn to in any situation
- a boyfriend that loves me for everything I am, and am not
- one job that is incredibly rewarding, and another that is teaching me about perseverance
- my college education, which has given me many opportunities to succeed in life
- my ability and desire to travel the world and learn about other cultures
- technology and its capacity to help me keep in touch with those far away (heyyyyy Kate!)
- a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food on my plate
- the freedom to decide who I want to be and what I want to do
- everyone and anyone who has ever fought for me/taken care of me/treated me with kindness
For these things, and many more, I am thankful.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving–and with pumpkin pie, how could you not?